Summerwood Farm NC, LLC
Guarantee Health & Sales Agreement for 2023
Owner(s) Name: ____________________________________
Owners Address: ____________________________________
AKC Number: __________________ Male or Female: ______________
AKC Microchip Number: ________________ Puppy Price:$____________
1) Summerwood Farm NC Kennel (Breeder) is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive Breeder’s Health & Sales Agreement on the market today. Prior to you receiving your puppy; he or she will be thoroughly examined (wellness exam) after their 7 week anniversary of birth by a licensed veterinarian at one of our authorized Animal Hospitals. Puppies will be ready for their forever homes after they turn seven weeks of age.
2) You should take your puppy to your own licensed veterinarian within 7 days of receiving the puppy. In addition to an exam, a fresh stool sample should be taken for any signs of parasites. If the Veterinarian finds the puppy to be in less than Good Health, the puppy should be returned to the breeder as soon as possible at the buyers expense. Once the puppy is returned, we shall have our Veterinarian complete a wellness exam to verify those issues. At this point you have a choice of choosing another puppy or to receive a complete refund within 30 days. If the new puppy owner chooses not to provide this High Standard of care, then this Health Guarantee is null and void.
3) Our puppies are said to be in Good Health (to the best of our knowledge) at the time of sale. The owner should continue any and all vaccinations due for their puppy plus provide monthly heart worm and flea and tick prevention at the age recommended by the Veterinarian. Continue vaccinations and worming as indicated on the health records provided and are required for this Health Guarantee to remain in affect. If the new owner chooses not to provide this High Standard of care, then this Health Guarantee is null and void.
4) The breeder guarantees that both ears will stand erect by the age of 1 year. If not, The breeder will pay to have our veterinarian place a prosthetic wire in the ear which permits the ear to stand erect while the cartilage grows around the rod. The veterinarian will first x-ray the ear to verify that the ear had not been previously damaged. If ear damage is evident, the breeder will not pay the cost of the ear surgery.
5) Your puppy is guaranteed to pass the OFA Certification. If the x-ray results from the OFA states there is crippling dysplasa, and after receiving said documentation, the Breeder will refund the original price of your puppy and you retain ownership of the puppy. If the OFA exam is not completed by 28 months of age, then this guarantee is null and void. We advise that the puppy not be spayed or neutered before the age of 18 months. There are many studies that indicate spay or neuter prior to that age is detrimental to the German Shepherd which may cause increased incidence of hip dysplasia. If the puppy is altered before 18 months your Guarantee is null in void.
6) At 7 weeks of age, when the puppy goes home, both testicles may or may not be descended. For this reason and others; we do not guarantee that this puppy will reproduce. The Breeder will pay to have your puppy neutered if one or both testicles due not descend. This surgery will be done by our veterinarian once the puppy reaches the age of 18 months.
7) In the event that our or your veterinarian concludes the umbilical hernia requires surgery to repair, the Breeder will have the hernia repaired at no charge to the owner by our veterinarian.
8) With in one year (365 days) from the date of your puppies birth of your puppy, for whatever reason that you wish to return the puppy to The Breeding Kennel where you purchased your Puppy. We will arrange to meet at our veterinarian’s office for the puppy to receive a complete wellness exam at the Owners Expense. Once your puppy has been medically cleared, we will assume care of the puppy, and The Breeding Kennel will refund 50% of the purchase price once a new home has been established for the puppy. This is providing that their is no permanent damage that will affect the puppies health (this is includes behavioral, emotional or physical damage.)
9) Deposits/down payments are completely transferable up until the time you receive your puppy which is around seven weeks of age.
Owner(s) Signature: _________________________________
Summerwood Farm NC Kennel (Breeder):____________________________
Summerwood Farm NC, LLC/Breeding Kennel Corporate Facility is located at:
1335 Fox Fire Road, Asheboro NC 27205
Michelle Waddell – Owner Since 2020
Please Call or Text for Additional Information: 336-964-0643
E-mail address: email@example.com
Call Toll Free: 1-877-230-2192
Please contact us directly should you ever have any questions or comments regarding your Summerwood Farm NC Breeding Kennel German shepherd puppy335